Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Radio,eh not so much!

What is up with the radio these days? I don't know you about you guys but I cant listen to it, ever. Not only do I find most radio talk shows, boring as I get sick of listening to the same voice over and over, but it's also like listening to the same CD over and over again. They don;t seem to get the newest hits right away and they play oldies over and over again, so annoying! I will be on the highway, and click through my 5 programmed radio stations, click through each one, then I plug in my Ipod, right away. I don't even know why  I bother with the stations. Maybe all this new "at your command and pleasure" technologies that the world has come up with alters my perspective of the radio. Media has changed drastically since we all were kids, like i'm not going to lie I remember a time where the radio was cool. Or my opinion on this could contribute to my age, the radio is however an appropriate place for kids to listen to edited music and not hear all the swear words in America, even the talk show hosts don't  swear which is good. My mom has the radio on in our house all the time (not a station I would pick if I had too) and i literally know all the words to the songs because they play the same damn thing over and over again. They also have all the same, contest like "Guess that artist" or "What movie is this" so my point, is the radio media is getting pretty stale these days.

1 comment:

  1. Kiss 108 is one station that i can think of that constantly plays the same music over and over again. I am a country music lover, and i personally don't find that problem on country music stations. Even though i LOVE country, i still enjoy a variety of music. Britney Spears is number one...always! Love her. So i do listen to Kiss 108 sometimes, and it just seems to be the same artists and the same songs on repeat.

    ReplyDelete