Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Camera Crazy

Its amazing how big Facebook has gotten, (an issue we have all talked about frequently in our blogs) However, would Facebook be as interesting and used if people didn't take pictures. Everywhere i go girls and guys are snapping photos to not only hold the memories or load them on Facebook for every to see and comment. This nice couple at work who are regulars, wanted me to be in a picture with them the last thing they said was, "find us one Facebook you can comment the pic!" I am on FB but how did they know? they assumed. It seems people are taking pictures only for the purpose of posting them online to flaunt and show people the night they had or the outfits they wore. I mean don't get me wrong, i definitely  frequently load pictures on FB I am guilty of this, I just think its crazy how we have all become so obsessed with picture taking, due to FB. However, cameras do add a hugeeeee factor to the media today. Pictures are everywhere and I mean everywhere, TV, all over the internet, billboards, trucks, cars, buses, stores, magazines everything has pictures, it captures life and puts it on things for people to see. Pictures help the media out in multiple ways, where would advertising be without them? Its amazing how easy it is for people to take pics and upload onto the computer. All in all pictures are an asset to the media world.

3 comments:

  1. Do you remember the days of throw away cameras? When we took the pictures and had to wait until developed them to see how they came out. Well now, with the digital cameras, the first thing EVERYONE does after a picture is taken is run to the camera. "Let me see, let me see. Oh no I don't like that one" are the first words out of our mouths. Digital cameras and the ability to upload pictures has definitely changed the media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so guilty of this, but I often load pictures on different blog websites, too, such as Livejournal, Tumblr, Twitter and Ameblo. So I feel I'm extra-guilty. I do take my camera everywhere, but recently I purchased a Polaroid instant camera. These little polariods are supposed to be personal but I still manage to get them online. I need to check myself before I wreck myself seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's REALLY amusing is when folks start digging through old photos and SCANNING them up... I've had some doozies of me uploaded & tagged...

    ReplyDelete